Saturday, June 2, 2018

Mario Kart DS Review

Mario Kart DS by Konfucius on DeviantArt
Mario Kart DS Review
I want to take a brief time to write about one of my favorite DS games, being Mario Kart DS. It released in 2005, but is really a timeless game. I haven't played it's predecessor on the Game Boy Advance as much, but from what I can see Mario Kart DS improved upon it. The game takes advantage well of the DS dual screens by following your player on the map and seeing the track, the racers behind you, and all of the obstacles. One thing that I feel the MarioKart series does very well is not just being a generic racing game or a generic licensed cart game. MarioKart DS along with the other games are some of my all-time favorite racing games. Mario Kart DS in particular has great multiplayer features that are a great fun. The balloon battle and shine runners are very fun modes, where you don't have to race, and you can take a break from the track. The music for the series is so great as well and that really goes without saying. For track selection, Mario Kart DS has both old and new, adding some great tracks like Yoshi Falls. Another great addition is the missions, that challenge you to complete some objective within the time-limit, many of them are very original and great. It is still very fun for me to play Mario Kart DS and it will be for much longer. If I had to say one bad thing about the game, it would be that in if you don't have the game in the multiplayer mode you must play as a shy guy. But, that's not really a complaint of the game, is it. My final thought is that Mario Kart DS is a great and classic game and a big 10/10 as one of the best games on the Nintendo DS. Stay Connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment